Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Midnight Sun

At the beginning of my experience I talked about how the sun set at about 5 pm when we first arrived to Estonia. I also talked about how we rarely saw the sun that first month. Well that has all changed and now it never gets dark. The sun sets at 11 pm and it rises at 3 am! I went to the club last weekend and I left the club when the sun was rising and by the time I got in bed I was staring out my window which looked like the middle of the afternoon.


The view from my window at 3 am!


Estonia in Spring. The leaves on the trees grow execptionally fast here. Each time I walk by the park it looks completely different because everything blooms so quickly here. It's very cool.

The city center.


Angles bridge. I walk under this bridge 3 times a week on my way to class.


This is a large public park where all of the students hang out in the nice weather. It is also the only public place to drink in Tartu...so there are always people in the park. On nice days the park is so full that you can't find an open patch of grass to sit on.

The Botanical Gardens.





No comments:

Post a Comment